- About (ENGL/SPAN)
- Exhibits & Context
- Current Research
- Contact us
- Exhibits & Context
Exhibits & Context
How to navigate
In this archive section, you can find different maps, timelines, and exhibits on topics of interest created based on the anglophone newspapers published in Chile.
It contains a table with all the Anglophone newspapers cataloged at the National Library of Chile as well as the project’s phases, with information about the newspapers that have been digitalized and what is planned to be done in a near future.
Exhibits: The newspaper's content and themes
Through exhibits, different themes and important events mentioned in the newspapers are highlighted.
Here you can find:
- Advertisements: Exhibit highlighting different themes from various newspapers, such as the use of Spanish, graphic design, British culture, and the commodity life.
- Anglophone Newspapers of Chile: Explores three different Anglo-Chilean newspapers, their main features, some background editorial information, and how each paper covered the news.
- Earthquakes in the Anglo-Chilean News: Examines the effects of Chile's earthquakes and how they were reported in Anglophone newspapers.
- Pacific Steam Navigation Company: This exhibit delves into the history of the Pacific Steam Navigation Company, how it came to be, important information about key people, and its current relevance.
- Pandemics in Chile: It investigates environmental and political factors related to pandemics in Chile, prevention methods used, and whether pandemics can be eliminated.
- Sports in the British Colony: This exhibit explores the sports culture in Chile and the spaces that were created around it.
- The Star of Chile: Advertisements: It highlights different advertisements present in this newspaper.
- Trade and Trade Policy: This exhibit looks at Chile's trade policies with European countries and the consequences they had.
Interactive map containing important and interesting moments in the newspapers and their exact location in Chile, El Salvador, and England.
Historical context: The Anglophone Colony in Chile
Neat line with key moments, people, and places in Anglophone Chile's history.